Friday, June 19, 2009

IM LIVING IN NAUSORI FOR SURE!

WHOOP! I am super pumped because if I have to live near a city then I wanted it to be one that was close to my host family......and the fact that I'm living in Nausori means I can literally walk to my family's house! I am so happy...my host dad has already started saying "Forget me not" with his cute accent. And honestly, I won't be living in a full city...It's more like a suburb...but suburbs here still have lots of beautiful greenery. I'm working with the organization that helps local people with the different projects they are doing. From what I understand, I will be working with lcoal business women and also with setting up business classes at a local vocational school. I am pumped! And if I am ever tired of living in the 'city' then I will for sure hop on a bus and visit my cool friends who are in the sticks/rainforest I guess you could say.

OK and this is random but it's fate. So I found out that my host dad's birthday is the SAME DAY (Dec. 29th) and my actual dad's birthday in America!!! AAAANNNDDD My host mom's name is Shanti- which means Peace in Hindi. Divine intervention? yes. I love them and it's meant to be.

oK that's all I have today I think! I dont have a lot of time right now- i just wanted to let everyone know where my site will be for the next two years! whoop!

love everyone!
raam raam
-Chandni

1 comment:

  1. Stupid question ... what does raam raam mean? Chandni seems to enjoy that phrase ... love you :)
    --Meghan

    ReplyDelete