Sunday, June 27, 2010

Nukomoco and Firewalking!

This one is a post from 2 weeks ago that I accidentally forgot to publish. oh well- here it is!

TONS of Indian fried treats: 400 calories
7 cups of tea with full cream milk: 500 calories
Catching up with my old host village where everyone feels like family: PRICELESS


I know I put this on my facebook status, but I had to blog it too so that I remember how I felt this past weekend. It was super fun to catch up with everyone AND my old Hindi Master Mahend jii came too, so it really felt like home. :0) I also did a training with the new village that is hosting the new group of vol's that just came. It was SO fun! They were SO happy to have me- I almost felt bad, I think my Hindi Master like super talked me up. It was funny, they of course fed me way too much and sent me away with jewelry. the usual. :0) But that night I had THE FUNNEST time, sitting around drinking grog with some of the local PC staff, my hindi teacher, and some other locals from the settlement.
That Sunday I also got a chance to go an annual Firewalking Pooja that's done within the South Indian custom. It was super cool, these men and women fast all day, do very long cleansing programs, walk about 2 miles barefoot from the sea to the temple, and then have to walk over piping hot coals 3 times each. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment