Friday, June 4, 2010

Fall Cleaning in Fiji:

What would that entail???
  • scrubbing off mold from dressers, towels, shoes and bathing suits
  • sweeping/wiping cockroach poo from......everywhere
  • de-bugging my entire house, not excluding inside my dresser drawers and drawer itself
As for work, I've been busy. Seeing as my religious organisation is NOT a business, and that it's in desperate need of an income, I've been brainstorming some ideas to get some cash flow. Therefore, at this year's annual Sanatan soccer convention my goal is to have sanatan logo pens, sanatan logo silicone yellow bracelets, and also mini-sanatan flags. And actually I just announced it to my org and they are super excited about it- woohoo! So that should keep me occupied for the moment as I have no idea where to import these things from.

Also something random I thought I'd mention as I hope it will give you a chuckle: the ability of most Indo-Fijian women to narrate everything they're doing as they're doing it. It's like they're constantly talking 'gang-plan' and after a while (like 5 min) it gets OLD. I have to talk myself out of going crazy sometimes, but then I realize that I think it might be stemmed from the fact that most Info-Fijian women have 1. not been able to attend school and 2. have not taken a prominent position in the workforce. (They're mostly in non-decision making roles) Therefore what else would they have to talk about besides their daily domestic events? Then again, I feel like men do it to sometimes, they say those things that are just assumed in a conversation. ANd then once they've agreed on everything, then they say it again just to re-iterate. Plus I think the culture just requires that you talk a lot. AND talk in a high-pitched/border-line yelling tone. So that's fun! ;0) It makes me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment