Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Why I love Fiji:


So I feel like sometimes I complain a lot sometimes or don't recognize how many wonderful things there are here. So cheers to Fiji! These are a few of my favorite things....

  • I'm sure you all know by now that the FRUITS are my fav:
Passionfruit, mango, papaya.....



  • Wild Cilantro grows like crazy here...(I am so amazed at the earth and how it provides things...it gets me thinking about what we take for granted)





  • How you can use shells for awesome soap dishes, jewelry holders, etc!...(Personal goal-I'm never buying another soap dish again)...

  • The Fijian Rugs are hilarious and awesome...











  • Compost Toilets(they're actually not common here, but a few vol's have tried to start them and succeeded)...


***And my favorite- which I can't put a picture with, but it's sense of community here and how utterly giving people are. It's a trait that's so strong in both the Fijian and Indo-fijian cultures. (which is shocking because their cultures can often times be worlds apart....but still so similiar in many ways. I'm still amazed at how they co-exist). ***

No comments:

Post a Comment