Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bainimarama is my boyfriend...

Well almost. I don't think I ever wrote about that time when myself and a fellow ghori (white girl) danced (shook our thangs beyonce style) 5 FEET in front of the PRIME MINISTER BAINIMARAMA.....yes, that happened. This all came about because of the PEACE CORPS actually. After we performed our dance at the family appreciation day, our was chosen to be performed at the Ambassadors house for swearing-in. From there, thanks to Fiji TV 1, our dance was shown on TV (which I'm SO GETTING A COPY OF...it will be on my profile soon, hopefully- Fijitime). Form there one of my bosses who was giving me money to buy a fridge 'asked'/told me he wanted me to perform an item. Cool. So Krissy and I sat up on stage next to my Pitajii, who cracks me up, for the Girmit Festival. Actually this festival is only for Indo-Fijians. The term Girmit comes from the word 'Agreement' which was from the Hindu indentured servants that were brought over from India. This festival honors those ancestors. And I personally can't think of a better way to shake it like a salt shaker for Mr. Bainimarama himself. coolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment