Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Pumpkin Thieves

That's right...I've got one.


Damnit.

I can't tell you guys how I was initially SO excited when I arrived at my empty house to find that there is a blossoming pumpkin plant spreading through my backyard. (like in my mind it made up for the fact my house had no chairs or shelves). This hardworking plant of mine has produced 6 PUMPKINS since I have moved in. And would you like to know how many I've actually gotten to eat? ZERO.

Seriously, every day I go out to check on my little pumpkin babies and get to excited to see them grow (knowing that one day I will so enjoy making pumpkin curry), waiting patiently day by day (by day by day) so that they'll get just the right size to pick and then -count it- the past 4 TIMES that I've gone out on the MORNING OF to pick them.....I come to find a little empty space in the grass where my lovely pumpkin was nestled a mere 10 hours before. Are Paguan.

Please Mr. Pimpkin Man, you can have my pumpkins...but I just want one, man!
In honor of my favorite girlies, I have 4 words for him: 'Get Lost Tom Foolery!'

As for the light at the end of the tunnel there just so happens to be 2 more pumpkins growing. And by george I've done my best to hide them in the vines. We shall see who wins this next round Sir Tricks-A-Lot, for it shall be I, the Maiden of the Pumpkin-Patch-Protectors.


ahaha and fyi I just read what I wrote just now and realized that maybe just maybe the lonliness of being a peace corps volunteer may or may not be playing tricks on my mind. Or maybe it's the rooster that crows every morning at 4:30 am.

Pray for my Pumpkins Please.
xoxo-Court

No comments:

Post a Comment