Monday, December 7, 2009

Fancy Nancy came to Fiji!!! (part 1)

Fancy Nancy stepping off the plane with style:

Mom and I at the airport!!!!! Man that was a good day! If you look you'll see I'm wearing my Bula Best for the Best lady in the world.



We started off the first week meeting all my host family.,..which was good but probably TOO MUCH visiting. My aunts, host brother and family, host sister, and of course main host dad's house as well as neighbors and friends in the area. Lots of Curry's, some of Nancy's best including: chicken curry, coconut chutney, tamarind chutney, pumpkin, egglpant, and lamb curry with puri which won the award for, and I quote,'This is teh best meal I've ever had in my life.' -Nancy Goodson. :0) However, with so much visiting visiting visiting... It starts to wear on you, anbd plus being force fed a bunch of indian food 24/7 gets old after about 5 minutes!

- My two mom's!!!!!
Then we went around visitng my local friends at the gas station, bread shop, and vegetable farm. Handing out some treats and lolly's to all! The picture below shows my extended host cousins and uncle at the local gas station enjoying some of Uncle Ray's AWESOME peanut brittle. Special thanks to my best friend for making about 10 pounds of it! If you want to win Hindi people over, make them peanut brittle. :0)
Next day we took teh bus to Nausori town and introduced mom to all my shopowner and market vendor friends.
- This is the dude I guy apples from.

No comments:

Post a Comment